Project management: Warehouse re layout
Sector: Service Industry. Sanitary Ware
A producer of sanitoryware required project management services to control decommissioning of a 20 year old automated warehouse semi automated state of the art warehousing operation. The brief was to manage contractors and to ensure daily operations were unimpacted by these changes. The project spanning 9 months involved ensuring design and budgetary targets were met and that contractors performed to schedule and within HSE guidelines.
- The project was delivered on target, too budget and with zero safety events.
- There was minimal disruption to the day to day activates within the warehouse due to a solid relationship being built with the client.
- Phased implementations ensured the project and warehouse activities were separated.
- Additional design briefs to include concrete cutting, Scissor lifts, goods lifts and conveyors were project managed and installed within the original timescales defined for the project.
- Contractors to include stripping out steel rails and racking, Cutting concrete, laying concrete, installing crane rails, improving electrical installation and lighting, Installing and moving new racking, lift installers and scissor lift installers and crane manufacturers were project managed with zero over runs.
“Navigator Solutions are hard working and honest. They have a strong background in project and change management. Their knowledge of warehousing, production planning, manufacturing and transition management can help any company looking for improvements or changes in these areas.
Other Case Studies:Process map Chemical Scheduling Department End to End Freight Management