Redesign and re quote of packaging realising cost efficiencies
Sector: Service Industry. Hi Tech Repair Provider
Facing ever increased challenges to cut costs and improve efficiencies our client’s brief was to identify operational cost savings using Lean processes.
At an early stage it was established that re designing the packaging and offering to three vendors for re quoting would realise efficiencies in purchase cost’s and storage space.
Over a 6 month period the projects was established and lead to revise packaging design and reduce product costs. By reducing the size of the packaging savings were also passed on to the client by giving substantial transportation and storage savings.
- USD 1,470,000 saved on per year purchasing costs
- More products per pallet increased warehouse space and movements to kitting lines.
- Inbound bread van reduced from daily to bi daily
- Client realised in addition storage and transportation savings of 3,000,000 from 3PL.
- Pack times decreased due to improved packaging design.
“Navigator Solutions are straight forward and very reliable. In starting-up (logistics) facilities, with high pressure and heavy conditions, they performed well. They have a hands-on, team player approach. They translated situations into the key-problems, opportunities and optional solutions. I liked working with them”
Simon Verhoevan, Operations Director
Ewals Cargo Care
Other Case Studies:Re layout of Kitting line realising cost efficiencies Customs type E warehouse regime